Oh the places you can go......over the last few years I have adopted an amazing second family and have embarked on some incredible journeys. This chapter is just beginning so follow us as we push beyond perceived limits and make the impossible possible.....live life out of your comfort zone, it's lots of fun I promise :)

Thursday 5 July 2012

The heat is almost on, again.......


"Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin sister"
- Khalil Gibran




Loving the dunes :)


My AMAZING better half

There are a few things I know for sure at this point: my passions will keep expanding, the amazing people that surround me in my life make sure that is the case and I am ultimately at peace with who I am and what I continue to learn to strive for in this life. We all pick our poisons for better or worse, as a member of the ultracommunity I see those first hand everyday. The trials, successes and failures that lead people to refocus, recharge or simply reinvent themselves. Many of those I hold dearest to my heart are a product of that, they are also some of the strongest people I know.

Just before the start


Inspiration for yourself and those around must come from the heart, you MUST love that which you practice in order for it to be believable. Funny thing is if you do love it properly the belief comes easy because it is genuine.


No he does not.....

Of all the things I cherish what I truly cherish most is the genuine hugs I have been getting from my oldest daughter Carson these days, she is truly a friend and sees me that way, a level of trust that is hard to get from a young pre teen. She will turn 11 next Friday and is a very important part of our Badwater crew, maybe the most important.


My beautiful little me

I embark on the desert once again focused, determined and above all excited. Regardless of the race outcome I will get to share some of my life's most difficult and precious moments with those I hold so dear. My steps will be felt by Paul despite his ALS and the smile in his heart will be with me every step of the way.


Paul

2011 Badwater finish

2 comments:

  1. Chris - was just perusing the results of Badwater and saw your name and then link to your blog. You have built an impressive ultra-running resume. Congrats! Mike Mollod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike, the ultra community is very near and dear to our heart and Badwater is a special niche in and of itself. Hope all is well with you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete