Oh the places you can go......over the last few years I have adopted an amazing second family and have embarked on some incredible journeys. This chapter is just beginning so follow us as we push beyond perceived limits and make the impossible possible.....live life out of your comfort zone, it's lots of fun I promise :)

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Count your blessings, you may have more than you think :)

"If you live your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself...your dreams will come to you."

- Randy Pausch

I spend a lot of time running a lot of miles around Jacksonville. Not so coincidentally I know a lot of random people from various walks of life and I LOVE that. I have never been a big fan of people but am a big fan of those I love and care for. These days that mostly includes my nuclear family and my extended family in the ultrarunning and yoga community. On my long run today I tried to spend sometime counting all my blessings, I ran out of time which says a lot.

My love for ultrarunning is no secret, it is a passion, ok an obsession to some degree but above all a love. My biggest fan and bff of all is of course my beautiful wife e and I am hers. Over the last few years I have developed several special relationships the deepest of which are with Tony Portera and Ray Zahab, brothers who I love and respect deeply.


e and I Day5 Erie Canal run. Great hug!!!!

That being said I have been able to create so many special bonds over the past years with people to numerous to count. Most of these guys and gals know who they are and amazingly I could talk to any of them for hours despite whatever length of separation there is. I have tried very hard to eliminate negativity and focus on the positive. What can we do? What can we change? Who can we help?



As the old AA saying goes "It is attraction rather than promotion". I am doing something right because everyday more awesome people enter my life and they are all people I want there. Givers not takers.

Just yesterday I finally had the chance to meet a friend of e's who I had known peripherally for awhile. She is an amazing old soul like e and not coincidentally we had some great time chatting on the beach. I even found my first starfish. It is yet another in a long line of encounters/friendships in our life that I see as no coincidence.



Spend some time one day counting your blessings, you have more than you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment